Thursday, October 26, 2006

What Will We Say?

Getting older has a few unsettling drawbacks...
besides getting a tad slower in the 100 metre dash and getting sleepy by 12 am...one of them is that you start to think about what your legacy to the world is going to be. The more i think about my contribution to mankind...the more i realise that i have contributed a lot of nothing much...which means that i am worried.
I am worried about what i will be able to say to the young kids that come along, i am worried about what their lives will be like and what contributions to their collective security and well being have i made...but most of all i worry about what i would say to them, these children of the information revolution...the children of tomorrow.

Will what i have to say still be relevant?

If all of us had one message to tell them, just one message to carry them through the progress of a generation, what would it be?

I would tell them to stop. I would tell them to take time off from life and just look around you and realise that they need to look beyond all conflicts and beyond all the lies that you have been fed, through all the racism and intolerance, through the prejudice and the hate that is so prevalent in this world. I would tell them to look beyond themselves...and think.

What would you say?

8 comments:

Fareez said...

Holy crap! anyone know how to delete this stuff from my blog. Honestly!! what the hell is going on?

Silence said...

hahah....
kelakar... ;)

Anonymous said...

Hey Fareez.. Sarah ere.

What would I say?

I'd tell them that being healthy is the best gift anyone could give to be alive... so, whilst you are still alive and kicking plus healthy, enjoy every small little things that life offers. Even the stress of a break up or any kind is actually something only healthy people can take.

of course... being too stress = to being sick. So try to be stress free. *winks*

Smell every rose. Be happy on gripping a pen. Enjoy the morning sun in your face... for people unhealthy like me cannot do those things all the time.

You know what I miss, Fareez dear.. you! and also sitting on the floor. Dah 1 year I can't sit on the floor and it sucks..

These are the things people forgot to appreciate. and that's what I'd do... I'd say something to make them realize that everything is somewhat a blessing.

*altho.. taking own advice is IMPOSSIBLE :P*

Luv,
Sarah Kambali

Anonymous said...

Fareez, dude. There should be a delete icon whenever you check out your comments once you've already signed in. If there isn't, then there should be. Maybe you can even delete these comments from your dashboard, once you've signed in as well. Holy crap as well. Wow.

Good luck man!

Anonymous said...

Wow! You did it! Congrats man.

Anonymous said...

hey sweets.
worry not about what you've done for humanity, worry more about how much love, good memories and good exmaple you've left for the people in your life ;)

Lin

mediha_m said...

I'd tell 'em to live life to the fullest... and to hell with 'what people think'.

I'd tell 'em to do what's best for themselves and what's best for their loved ones.

The rest will take care of itself.

I know it sounds selfish... but that's what I'd tell 'em.
(At least, that's what I'd tell my son) :)

Fareez said...

Congratulations!!!!!

I'm so happy for you mediha! A child is the greatest gift that Allah can give a person next to life itself. May you and yours have all the happiness that Allah can grant, and may your baby boy be healthy, strong and as razor sharp mentally as you are ;-)